Come be a part of a team of designers, engineers, and artists passionate about creating the very best product for a company's billion users. As a Product Designer for AR/VR Experiences Design Team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will help us design new ways for people to create, connect, and share using the unique qualities of this immediate and immersive new medium.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, game design and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of AR/VR products. You will build on your existing skill-set and passion for VR design problem solving, and help define what it means to do product design for VR and immersive experiences.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Designer to conceptualize, illustrate, build and deliver innovative interaction paradigms for social experiences for our emerging AR/VR products. You will be expected to independently sketch, design, previz, animate, prototype, and execute. A positive and collaborative attitude is required. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication skills.
The ideal candidate should also have a deep understanding of creating experiences in VR.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park
- Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality designs
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Document processes and methodology
- Contribute to defining interaction patterns
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, art team, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Bachelors degree in Interactive Design, UX, or a related field or experience
- Experience with mobile
- URL featuring examples of 2D or 3D interaction design work
- Experience working with game engines like Unity and Unreal
- Experience crafting 2D or 3D interactive design prototypes
- Experience using 2D and 3D art creation software like Cinema4D, Maya, Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator
- Communication experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, interior design or industrial design
- 5+ years experience shipping high quality 2D or 3D software
- 1+ years VR development experience
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people