- Pasadena, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Develop effective interactive design solutions that meet business, project, and design goals, based on standards and guidelines. Collaborate with colleagues in other functional groups (e.g., Creative, Technology, Product Management, Marketing and Production) to deliver on website and feature development and ongoing enhancements. Designs the flow of the user experience for websites and portals.
We are looking for someone who knows the process of and understands Information Architecture, Interaction Design, User Interface Design, User Research, and Usability Engineering. Somoene who knows how to align business strategies and requirements with established industry standards and methodologies. The User Experience Designer will be responsible for user journeys, wireframe design, applying patterns to new features and involvement in user research efforts. Must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. Help to create UX documentation and contribute to the development of processes and best practices.
The Senior User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) Designer is responsible for designing the digital experience to our client its internal and external applications, and the greater digital presence.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer must understand both the business and the technical aspects of the Web and mobile applications. They need to understand business stakeholders' perspectives and the end-user's needs. Being able to bridge both the business and technical areas of the our client and to fully understand the different languages used and processes employed, is critical to the success of this team.
The Sr. UX/UI Designer advocates for and represents the user perspective in the design and development activities for our client entire digital presence. Through a combination of influence and standards, they define the online user experience that will produce optimal results.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision
• Expert knowledge and background in web design principles and methodologies
• Thorough knowledge of policies design best practices and product/project management methodology.
• Complete understanding and broad application of principles, theories, concepts, practices, and standards, in applicable discipline,
• Deep knowledge of responsive web and mobile design principles, trends, competition, technical limitation in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
• Experience working alongside development teams.
Additional Skills Preferred
• Eight (8) years related work experience preferred
• Knowledge of higher education UX/UI practices and patterns. Start up experience would be a good fit as well
• Knowledge of web accessibility regulations and requirements and their application
Taking a position with our client gets you in with a leader in its field.
Our client is a five-star medical provider who, as an innovator, was the first in their industry to offer electronic health records. They’re constantly on the forefront of innovation in the healthcare field, both for their technical advances as well as for their community involvement. Volunteerism and community service are critical components of their approach to improving the general health in all of their neighborhoods.
Our client practices what they preach, and has a strong commitment to work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. On many of their campuses you can find fitness centers, walking paths, as well as volleyball and basketball courts. Stay healthy while developing your career path!
Aquent places talented writers, digital designers and user experience candidates, as well as editorial candidates with this market leader every day in one of a number of locations throughout California We’ve had the benefit of twenty years of experience placing talent at this company and there is an extensive network of talent here, not only actively working for Aquent, but also now senior members of the organization who have been converted to permanent employees over the years.