Our Portland client is looking for a Visual storyteller. Strong interest in candidates with Infographics, especially animated one. Strong Presentation (Keynote) skills as well as Sketch. Ability to jump in and do logo and graphic design work as well.
As a UI Designer you will utilize your outstanding foundation in the craft of design to create compelling brand visual stories that help us execute our larger experience design strategy and, ultimately, a digital transformation. You are obsessed with visual storytelling and design systems; infographics and data visualization excite you. You will design fresh and modern logos for our product teams, reimagine existing artifacts to up-level their story, and contribute to the implementation and development of design system and reusable component library. This department is the crossroad of design and tech innovation....and that excites you.
You will be a key member of the team working to set, refine and drive the strategic design vision for customer experience.. In addition to your design expertise, you offer strong knowledge of/interest in User Experience and User Centered Design Principles. You can’t wait to merge your growing knowledge of digital design principles with your love for sport. You can balance multiple projects and are cool taking feedback and direction from senior team members. In addition to your outstanding design chops, you’re proactive, collaborative, and want to help build our team culture.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience
• Proven ability to weigh into and visualize strategic ideas to make them resonate across our ecosystem: from executive leadership to on the ground end users.
• Proven ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of both computer and non-computer based creative art and graphic design
• Demonstrated ability for creative storytelling and turning strategy into content/layouts, layouts into art, art into stories, and stories into presentations
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in advanced concept skills, advanced graphic design, advanced design skills, advanced Sketch/Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign/Spark/HTML/PPT/KEYNOTE
• Experience with animated infographics and data visualization
• Prior experience working with global, matrixed corporate environment
• Passionate about the newest trends influencing design
• Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software including advanced Sketch skills
• Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
• Advanced PowerPoint and information design skills mandatory
• Able to prioritize, manage multiple projects, negotiate and conceive/create new ideas in a high-pressure environment
• Rigorous attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Perseverance, diplomacy and the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Must be proactive problem solver, with strong drive and work ethics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Mac and PC platform proficiency
• Must show link to portfolio in application
• Sketch /Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign (high level proficiency)
• Presentation Design (keynote/PowerPoint)
• High level proficiency in graphic design principles (color theory, typography, etc.)
• Logo Design
• Digital Design
• Design System Management
• Animated illustration and infographics
• Data visualization
• Strong visual storytelling
Strong interest in UX and Experience Design