WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We need an expert 3D material artist contractor who is exceptionally proficient in authoring complex photorealistic materials to join our office at client's Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon for a 1-year full time hours assignment position.
Part of the digital transformation hinges on the ability of the 3D materials team to deliver photorealistic footwear materials and textures. Our best material artists are technically minded, highly organized, and savvy with a breadth of digital tools while ambitious to learn new programs and techniques. They can work independently, efficiently problem solve, and bring enthusiasm to the team.
They will have a firm comprehension of how light interacts with geometry, complex materials, and color as well as how our eyes spectrally perceive these interactions. They can demonstrate a mastery of PBR and energy conservation SVBxDF models.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
On the daily, you will utilize your 3D material authoring skills to contribute in the creation of accurate 3D footwear materials that reflect technical guidelines while ensuring consistency and quality across a large volume of assets. Additionally, you will self-manage project resources and track project status to keep the team updated on progress. You will speak accurately to the work as needed and professionally represent the team. You will be charged with creating some of the most complex materials that exist today. You will need to be able to solve for such things as lenticulars, holographic, retroreflection, and micro-color-shifting-dispersive materials at microscopic resolution.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work on the Digital Product Creation footwear production studio team alongside world class modelers, material artists, compositors, and coordinators. You will work with the production studio management as well as footwear capabilities and technology stakeholders. You will also collaborate process and workflows with the footwear 3D design teams.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Design/Art, 3D Art, Game Design or related field
• 5+ years’ experience successfully delivering results in a production or creative studio
• Substance Designer experience to author algorithmically generated textures preferred
• An understanding of end-to-end modeling, texturing, rendering workflows
• Proficiency in lighting, rendering & composition
• An exceptional eye for matching the appearance of physical materials
• Expert level proficiency in standard 3D tools, 3D material authoring techniques; Maya & Modo experience preferred
• Professional experience working in raytracing pipelines such as Vray, Arnold & Octane
• A portfolio that demonstrates photorealistic material/texture authoring abilities