Our Client one of the largest global banks (internal creative agency) seeks an energetic and experienced Sr. Visual Designer / Art Director with a passion for creating simple, beautiful designs across digital channels to join its Brand Creative team.
This role is a great fit for you if:
You obsess over understanding the customer and their journey, enjoy creating flawless impactful designs and exploring concepts that tell the story behind our products. You pay attention to the details and love polishing your work until it shines. You are an expert in the latest trends in modern design and advertising, as well as have a keen eye for visual design, illustration, photography, typography and motion graphics. You have worked on omni-channel designs in the past. You understand and are skilled in balancing innovation with consistency. You’re familiar with wide range of design tools and love to learn new ones.
What you'll do:
Conceptualize and execute creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for each design tactic within the assigned project(s). Create stunning visuals for both print and digital media. Your skills are part creative, technical and part production but primarily focused on the visual expression of business objectives. Work closely with creative directors to translate marketing and brand strategies into designs that render beautifully across multiple brand channels. A key role in this postion is to partner with copywriters to concept on projects. You are expected to have the technical and aesthetic fine points of graphic design and know the difference between an idea and an execution.
- Help define a design system and language, and advocate its application across different products and platforms
- Interact with Creative Director and Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Possess solid understanding of the strategy and market dynamics of assigned product(s).
- Advise business partners on creative and technical recommendations and/or issues as needed.
- Assist in making presentations to business partners as needed.
- Be an active member of a larger design team, participate in design critiques and peer reviews.
- 6+ years design experience in an agency or corporate environment - designing across multiple devices and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- Understand the fine points of brand guidelines and adhere to their standards and rules.
- An impeccable taste in current design trends and visual content.
- A minimum of an associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional software skills. Proficiency on Mac OS platform is a must. Thorough knowledge of the following applications is required: Adobe CC (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Sketch and InVision.
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital.
- Experience building wireframes, user flows and prototypes (e.g. InVision, Principle, Axure, etc.)
- Comprehensive image research (photography and illustration) and photo-retouching skills.
- Lean and communicate knowledge of assigned product(s).
- Effectively build and collect digital assets for output.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities / deadlines without compromising quality
- Developing ability to incorporate user needs, business needs, and technical constraints/opportunities into the product development process to detail.
- Must be capable of independent decision-making as well as able to take direction