We are looking for a UX Researcher for a 12-month contract with a possibility to extend at a well-known tech/internet company
You will partner with designers to envision how we could address user needs, collaborate with product management to make sure we’re building viable products, and iterate with engineering to hold our products to high UX standards. We understand our products and technical capabilities in-depth so our research directly translates into product improvements and uncover new product opportunities.
We envision the researcher will also lead Design Sprints and Research Sprints with design and engineering in order to translate research insights into design and engineering plans and requirements.
You will also be conducting usability studies, run surveys, perform qualitative user research, and synthesize the research findings to share with the rest of the team. There may be some travel required, mostly within USA.
- Plan and conduct end-to-end UX research at the foundational, exploratory, and evaluative phases of the product-development life cycle.
- Collect and analyze user insights via various qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Planning, observing, and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Creating reports.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing existing research reports.
- Communicating findings from the study to the stakeholders.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Persuasive communication that is grounded in data
- Usability testing and Foundational research.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.