Large Media and Entertainment team in Burbank, CA is seeking an Associate Content Producer to join their Entertainment Marketing Strategy team. This is a 2-month assingment with the possibility of extending, but not likely to go perm. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Content.
The Entertainment Marketing Strategy team is looking for a creative, forward-thinking individual to join its Digital Content group in the role of Associate Content Producer for the 2020 Oscars. This creative/editorial-meets-digital position requires a passion for film and The Oscars, as well as the digital editorial savvy and detail-focused work ethic to digitally support the film industry’s biggest live event of the year. While the primary responsibility is digital content coverage in support of The Oscars on owned platforms, it also encompasses producing content for use across other platforms and mediums including social media.
The Digital Content team supports The Oscars across a variety of screens and devices. Oscar.com as well as they network's sites and apps are where we seek to create a 24/7 content-rich and fan-focused experience. To accomplish that, the Digital Content team focuses on the ideation, creation, and production of promotional written, graphical, and video content for The Oscars that can be used across multiple platforms. In addition, we collaborate with and support partners throughout the digital marketing and ad sales space, creating and organizing content for internal and external partners to satisfy obligations across a variety of Oscars content. If you have a passion for The Oscars and entertainment, are highly creative, highly organized, and thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
- Supports the Entertainment Marketing Strategy Digital Content team throughout the 2020 Oscar season.
- Produces engaging, on-brand, and promotional digital content in a variety of formats and media. Examples include written content like show news, video content from the show and red carpet, promos, and digital originals, and support for sales initiatives.
- Diligently verifies and re-verifies that all content is accurate and approved before posting.
- Tackles assignments with enthusiasm and tenacity, able to turn around written assignments on tight deadlines and work under the pressure of a live event.
- 2+ years professional digital content creative experience
- 2+ years editorial experience: composing original copy as well as proofing and copyediting others’ work
- Experience with curating video content
- Proven track record of handling high volume, concurrent requests from multiple stakeholders with successful outcomes
- Extremely organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize requirements and make informed project/program tradeoffs
- Excellent communication skills (primarily with teammates and managers)
- Extreme attention to detail as well as a profound distaste for typos and spelling errors
- Experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of current trends and interest in future landscapes of digital platforms across web, apps, and social media
- Experience with basic video editing and editorial; creating compelling clips with engaging metadata and must-click thumbnails.
- Experience creating professional digital content across multiple platforms and mediums including web, apps, and social media
- Experience creating professional digital content in support of other media, particularly live events
- Proficiency with multiple content management systems, particularly WordPress, and the ability to learn production processes quickly
- Experience using various documentation tools, including Word, Google Sheets and Google Docs.
Required Education: Relevant experience