looking for an experienced Events Manager who will work closely with our Marketing and Sales Managers on logistics for our upcoming tradeshow season. This person will be responsible for the success of our many curated events, therefore time management and organizational skills are key! This is a full-time contractor position estimated to last between December 2019 through May 2020.
- Manage administration and logistics of numerous events and conferences both locally and nationally.
- Anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Event Planning and Production
- Work with internal teams to determine event priorities, plans of action, travel, and booking arrangements.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Work with media and public affairs team to coordinate press events and messaging is timed and released to effectively promote events
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
Managing event setup and teardown
Effectively demonstrating FourKites products
Building relationships with prospects, customers, and partners
Speaking with a wide variety of people.
Preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to supervisors for each event project. Keep track of event finances including requests, invoicing, and reporting.
Manage appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
Act as the point of contact as smaller events as needed.
Help to document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications.
5 years of experience within a corporate event marketing position
Experienced in and passionate about corporate event management, someone who provides outstanding customer service, is an enthusiastic professional who is comfortable speaking in public, and is able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Excellent communication and customer service skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the Microsoft Office and Google Apps
Experience with Web communications, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus.