Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The primary role of this Data & Statistical Sciences (DSS) Technical Specialist is to support DSS in the preparation, design, creation, and review of department presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint and any other Microsoft software or applications as needed. Will be a visual problem solver able to simplify complex data for easier audience digestion. This role may also be expected to support some administrative tasks when necessary.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
• Create, design organized slides for presentations to effectively communicate a variety of content
• Capability to use appropriate graphic and illustration tools to depict information in an accurate and visually appealing manner
• Develop and maintain templates and standardized graphics to ensure consistency and efficiency
• Work on multiple projects and priorities with critical and competing deadlines
• Strong communication and interpretation skills with all levels of management and senior management
• Capability to treat confidential documents and information responsibly
• May be asked to help organize and schedule meetings and agendas
• 5+ years related experience preferred
• Strong portfolio of work
• Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications
• Practical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus
Education and Experience:
• Degree in design or design-related field is a plus