Our Leading Games & Toys client is looking for an Associate Project Manager!
The Associate Project Manager is an entry level PM position for someone with limited PM experience or a recent business degree graduate. In this position they are responsible for supporting category teams for successful end-to-end development of low complexity or low innovation projects. The APM will work with teams to define and clarify project scope and develop a project schedule with tasks, resources and planned vs. actual dates. Additional responsibilities will include analyzing and managing key schedule risks, quality, and cost – escalating when appropriate, and coordinating activities across functional teams; resolving issues when needed.
Project Planning, Reporting, and Communication
- Create project plans (leveraging standard templates) in collaboration with cross-functional teams to determine project activities, resources, planned/actual dates and deadlines.
- Review project plans and timelines with Program Director and Project Managers.
- Track project deliverables and schedule milestones.
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings and communicate action plans developed by team
- Communicate program status to relevant stakeholders.
- Act as the liaison with multi-disciplinary teams and global partners, communicating brand and/or project information.
- Maintain management reports and ensure data is accurate in informational systems.
Issue & Risk Management
- Identify, anticipate, and manage risks or issues at the project level.
- Work with cross-functional teams and Project Managers to take corrective action to address issues or mitigate risks, escalating to Program Manager and category/brand lead when appropriate.
- Identify and support continuous process improvements for the global development organization.
- Partner with global planning to provide early warning of delays and adapt development plans based on market forecast revisions.
Schedule & Performance Management
- Manage project schedule and adapt as needed to ensure dates outlined in project plan are met.
- Manage programs to time, cost, and quality reflective of market goal.
- Support and drive cross-functional category teams to manage projects including risks, key handoffs, and deliverables.
- Monitor resource utilization within the program and recommend adjustments to resource allocation as needed.
JR - Associates Degree with a minimum of five years administrative project management experience.
Mid-Level - Associates Degree with a minimum of five years administrative project management experience.
Senior - Associates Degree with a minimum of five years administrative project management experience.
JR - Has a proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions of a position. Typically possesses 0-3 years of relevant work experience
Mid-Level - Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of a job's requirements. Typically possesses 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience.
Senior - Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Typically possesses 6+ years of relevant work experience.
JR - Generally performs single function tasks that tend to be of moderate size and scope
Mid-Level - Performs professional level work. Develops solutions requiring analysis and research. Responsible for critical work and/or complex projects performed within a broader technical and business context.
Senior - Performs work that is complex and varied in nature. Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact. May provide guidance/training to more junior staff.