Our Leading Consumer Packaged Goods Client is looking for a Midweight/Senior Designer!
Who wants to be a part of an incredible Internal Design Team at a global food company, here in White Plains, NY ? We are an internal design team that is responsible for Brand Design Development, Design Strategy and Package Design. We believe whole-heartedly, that the success of our brands is largely dependent on the fantastic work our team does, and we’re searching for an experienced contract designer to join our team.
The Designer is a technical skills role must be passionate about building brands and dynamic packaging solutions within defined deadlines. This individual must have the ability to develop
on-strategy 360? design solutions, that are purposeful, robust, compelling and on-trend. Packaging experience is preferred but candidate should have ability to think about the brand’s role holistically. The Designer will work with a creative cross-functional team of design managers, copywriters, photographers, production artists, and project managers balancing creative thinking with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has a strong level of initiative, ability to identify visual trends, be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying complexity and diligently achieves deadlines in a fast-paced corporate environment. The designer will report into the Sr Design Manager creative directing and overseeing the brand design group in White Plains.
The successful Designer exhibits strengths in three key areas:
• Elevating Visual Design
• Building Ownable Equity
• Problem Solver and Seeker
• Create dynamic brand expression
• 5+ years as a holistic 360? brand designer – experience in food and beverage packaging and brand activation is preferred, though not required
• Experience in brand book development or ability to create brand standards is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or comparable is preferred
• Passionate design advocate
o Solid understanding and appreciation for the need to deliver excellence against both creative expression and commercial reality
o Effective at articulating creative ideas, rationalizing design solutions and effectively selling to marketing
o Practices positive discontent on all projects
o Effective and creative problem-solving skills against demanding deadlines
o Desire for continuous learning and excellence
• Natural collaborator – with all external partners and internal functional team
• Clear and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Accountable for effectiveness of the work created
• Confidently challenges conventional practices
Must be fluent in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and In-Design