- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carin Wallace
Aquent's Client is looking for a Technical Writer to partner with a team of designers, content strategists, researchers, and product managers to plan and document the features and tools we've developed that support our internal creative teams, including our design system made of components, patterns, and guidelines. Your work may be a continuation of documentation already started, a revamp of existing documentation or brand new documentation.
You're perfect for this role if you are versatile, you’re able to plan and write content for technical design documentation, including definitions, best practices, interaction flows, product tours, and education materials, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work; understand design thinking and user experience and thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact.
- Plan, write, and edit documentation for features within our design tools covering screenshots, video, layouts, and guidelines
- Help apply and maintain consistency with company content standards
- Collaborate with product designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers, and design program managers
- Share your work and give feedback to teammates
- 5+ years writing documentation for web or mobile documentation
- Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types.
- You may show us content you’ve created for technical documentation, style guides, or brand guidelines.
- Experience with design tool documentation
- Information architecture or responsive content experience
- Please also share your portfolio or examples of your writing.
- Demonstrate, strongly, the ability to communicate design education in a concise, compelling way
- Experience with documenting systems at scale
- Drive a project from concept to completion, with a strong POV
- Ability to work in close collaboration with XFN partners
- Ability to work with non-professional writers to shape ideas and create clear, concise education
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Must include online portfolio or work samples to be considered.