Aquent is looking for a Mid Level Copywriter for our Fortune 500 financial client in Chicago. This is a full time, onsite, 6 month assignment with benefits - medical, dental, 401K. This person will work directly and collaboratively with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications. Must be self-organized and manage multiple deadlines on numerous concurrent jobs.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and executions that market products effectively
• Demonstrates understanding of intended audience; interprets market research and test results and can use findings to focus targeted marketing messages
• Facilitates brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward
• Writes, concise, informative and engaging copy and persuasively communicates creative ideas and rationale
• Monitors projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
• Web, mobile and social experience a plus.
Experience: 4-year degree in communications, creative writing, journalism or similar discipline. 3+ years writing experience (Financial Services experience, preferred). Portfolio demonstrates a variety of experience with national advertising or marketing campaigns: annual reports, broadcast, print and web.
Direct Mail and/or web experience required within any industry, (Financial Services, preferred).
Brings processes, technology or people solutions to the table with regard the design or print process.
Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative
Working knowledge of MS Word, InDesign and Acrobat preferred