Our client, a leading global financial services firm seeks a Technical Writer for a project serving its Merchant Services Product Organization. The Product Specification Writing team provides the technical documentation for internal and external Merchant Services clients and integrators. The team is responsible for providing high-quality, accurate and timely documentation support across a variety of products, applications, and platforms.
- *This is an on-site role in Tampa, FL, W2 hourly (full time hours) with full med/dent benefits plans offered as well as FSA and 401K.*
- Must be commutable to Tampa, FL to be considered
- Must be legally able to work W2 in the US without sponsorshop
What you’ll do:
As a Product Technical Writer you are responsible for the production, creation, and maintenance of documentation to support Merchant Services clients, software integrators, and internal business partners.
This includes the ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner while ensuring accuracy. This position will primarily work with the necessary subject matter experts (SMEs), technical staff, and implementation managers where you will produce robust, accurate, and easily understood technical guides, API specifications, internal process documentation, and reference materials for internal and external use.
• Participate in daily operation of the end to end technical documentation process by creating, modifying, and reviewing the specifications, guides, and process flow documentation.
• Manage documentation projects from start-to-finish.
• Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test script.
• Maintain and develop efficient workflows and processes to complete projects effectively, accurately, and on time.
• Plan, develop, organize, writes, and edit documentation to a best-in-class standard for technical product documentation, user guides, specifications, support, etc.
• Analyze both new and existing content for consistency of style and tone per style guide(s).
• Manage updates and revisions to all technical literature
• Creates and formats infographics and presentations that convey ideas, workflows, etc.
What you’ll need:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in technical writing, English, journalism, or other writing intensive program. Coursework in business or finance helpful.
• 2+ years of technical writing or relevant experience
• Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Experience writing, creating, and maintaining structured content (e.g., XML, DITA)
• Superior written and oral communication and grammatical skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to explain complex or technical concepts clearly
• Experience writing user guides, step-by-step instructional content, technical specifications, technical bulletins, and other copy
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and procedures to improve efficiencies
• Strong experience with MS Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
• Must be a self-motivator who works well independently and in a team environment