Sr. Packaging Designer - Toys -
This is a 3 month freelance position based onsite in El Segundo, CA, 40 hours/week, could extend beyond 3 month. Prefer someone with prior toy packaging experience or design with feminine aesthetic as this will be working on girls toys.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Our global client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Sr. Packaging Designer to join its Dolls and Collectibles packaging design team. The Dolls and Collectibles team focuses on delivering exciting innovative packaging for a wide range of licensed and internal IP brands such as Polly Pocket, Little Mommy, Hello Kitty, Harry Potter, and new brands such as Lotta Looks and Cloudees. Through research, understanding consumer trends as well as the online and retail landscape, the team focuses on creating new and innovative packaging that translates into successful products. This involves designing and presenting packaging concepts in digital, 2D and 3D formats to upper management of marketing and design. The ideal candidate will possess proven packaging design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun kid’s products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary function of the Sr. Package Designer is to create brand statements through innovative package designs.
• Design and develop packages from concept to production
• Create package concepts & brand statements that are relevant and trend setting
• Assist the other packaging designers with projects and design communication as necessary
• Work with design manager to further develop designs
• Effectively communicate product strategy and features through package design/copy
• Work with copywriter & engineer to create cohesive packaging/brand statement
• Partner with product design & marketing counterparts to ensure package delivers on strategy
• Art direct photo shoots (product and/or talent)
• Art direct in-house & outside resources such as illustrators, photo re-touchers, and Asia counterparts to develop elements of package
• 3D render and/or physically comp packages for presentations
• Communicate with Asia counterparts to ensure quality and integrity of package design is maintained through production, and onto shelf.
BASIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED
• Passion for design – creative thinker that strives for innovation
• In-depth knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
• Basic 3D software knowledge
• Ability to see large picture while not losing focus of details
• Team player (ability to work with immediate team members and cross functional partners)
• Ability to accept and give creative direction
• Up to date on current trends: graphics, advertising, fashion, technology, entertainment, social, etc.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with different delivery dates simultaneously, in order to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• 3-5 years experience and a Degree in Design or Arts (and/or) Graphic Design Experience in the Communication Arts preferred