As a Visual designer, you'll work alongside a talented team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers focused on the core product.
This product builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on our services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
- Work across programs to define, maintain, and evolve the tools, processes, and communication around asset management.
- Leverage principle contributors to explore concept development to influence product, a point-of-view around visual style, and product commitments.
- Partner with visual programs within our organization to evolve and apply new design styles and aesthetics for our suite of products.
Top 3 Responsibilities:
1. Visual design/UI work
2. Collaboration with cross-functional groups
3. Presentation skills/informal communication
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions. (Portfolio must include projects with software, not with advertising such as websites)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.