- Los Angeles CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lisa Mitchell
Are you a Production focused Graphic Artist with experience working with charts and graphs and strong PowerPoint skills? Through Aquent, our client, is looking for a self-starter, who works independently and takes initiative used to working in a fast paced, deadline driven production environment in a corporate environment. This position is for 6 months with possible extension and excellently subsidized Health benefits through Aquent.
What you will be doing.
- Update data, formatting, layout, design and content for print, PDF and presentation materials based on established templates in PowerPoint using the Seismic platform
- Update and create charts, graphs, templates, and exhibits to be used in communications materials, websites, and/or presentations
- May prepare presentation and notes files for use in meetings and webcasts
- May create layout and design for new materials following specified guidelines
Skills and experience needed to be successful:
- Strong working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate; primarily charting), InDesign (CS 5.5) (advanced), Illustrator (intermediate; charting, infographics, and icons), PhotoShop (intermediate; photo retouching/manipulation).
- Requires at least 3-5 years of experience working in a creative, corporate environment.
- Strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with diverse working styles and with team members across business units;
- Initiative to work and learn independently;
- Proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new applications, as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to work within established brand guidelines
- Working knowledge of graphic design concepts and ability to apply it to work assignments
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!