Our client, a American manufacturer of skateboarding shoes and related apparel, is looking for a Planning Analyst!
As a member of the Business Planning department, the Planning Analyst is responsible for determining capacity constrained supply requirements which support customer service, inventory and cost objectives. This individual works with appropriate cross-functional teams to ensure on time deliveries (vendor & customer) and completes root cause analysis when they are late.
The Planning Analyst maintains proper inventory mix based on forecast/current order book and facilitates in disposing of excess and distressed inventories. In addition, he or she will lead global close of sales processing and execution activities, partnering with cross functional teams to facilitate product execution. He or she is responsible for communication of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analysis and improvement plans as part of the monthly S&OP process. It is crucial that this individual understands current capacity utilization levels and provides recommendation on future needs. The Planning Analyst works quite independently and participates in manager sponsored projects of the highest complexity. Our purpose is to enable creativity and inspire youth culture by celebrating and embracing the Off the Wall attitude in all aspects of our work.
How You Will Move the Needle:
• Develop capacity constrained supply requirements for the factories which support customer service, inventory and cost objectives.
• Analyze "actual" versus "requested" supply plan, troubleshooting when they are not aligned.
• Work closely with Customer Service and Distribution on a daily basis to ensure customer orders are shipped on time.
• Work on management sponsored projects and/or process improvements (including associated cost analysis)
• Work closely with Customer Service, Distribution, Sourcing & Logistics to complete weekly root cause analysis
• Accountable for overall inventory levels for assigned product group, including working with sales team on managing distressed inventory
• Responsible for communication of KPI analysis and improvement plans as part of the monthly S&OP process
• Responsible for maintaining system integrity (demand & supply data) as well as updating the appropriate "age" inventory according to seasonal calendar
• Lead, process, and execute global close of sales activities of the highest complexity
• Provide analysis and recommendation for capacity utilization
Desired Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: Minimum 5+ years of related experience in Supply Chain disciplines
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent from four-year college or university (Preferred concentration in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Management/Sciences)
• Excellent communication (oral & written) skills
• Ability to work independently
• Advanced Excel skills
• SAP system experience a plus
• Ability to support a team for any meetings or special projects
• Operates with discipline
• High customer focus with an ability to drive for results
• Innovate and reapply
• Ability to work/communicate with all levels of the organization
• Develops collaborative and diverse relationships
• Ability to understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills
• Apparel/Accessories production planning experience a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Willing and able to work additional hours when needed.
• Minimal travel required.