Check out this cool assignment, with our client who's on every designer's wish list!
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do.
The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for a range of enterprise user types. Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process—from defining critical user journeys and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Collaboration with Product and Design on primary user journeys
2. Interaction design, visual design, and accessibility design based on product requirements
3. Stakeholder presentations
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing G Suite enterprise products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or 5 years equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years Experience in a Interaction Designer role
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Experience with Enterprise Software and usability
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Experience designing enterprise security software.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience designing ticketing systems or notification systems.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.