We are seeking a UX Research Designer for one of our valued Fortune 500 clients in the oil and gas industry. This is a long term opportunity onsite at our client's site. Benefits and PTO available through Aquent.
The UX Research Designer has the opportunity to partner with our Manufacturing Chemical and Refining business lines to research, design, develop, and deliver user friendly software solutions by first seeking to understand the problem and what our users need. The User Experience and Development team is focused on solving complex IT & business problems at our Manufacturing facilities around the world and improving our field users ability to execute their work as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our team members have a strong sense of curiosity and ingenuity to quickly learn new domains and have diverse backgrounds in end-user research, visual and interaction design, & application development.
This UX Research Designer position will be located in Spring, Texas, and will report to the Supervisor of the User Experience & Development team in IT.
Primary Job Functions:
• Participates in all aspects of User Centered Design to provide expertise and guidance around the design, development, analysis and testing of mobile, web and desktop computer applications
• Primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
• Consults on advanced understands of user centered design and user research methodologies and interaction design. Applies research to interactive design
• Leads highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Conducts usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Performs user testing and analysis of internal applications
• Plans, conducts and synthesizes generative and evaluative research using standard methodologies within the function
• Works with the User Experience & Development design team to assess and modify applications as needed.
• Works with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
• Often works under minimal direction with a broad scope
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent Design/Research degree and work experience with strong computational background, excellent analytical/problem solving skills, and passion in learning.
• 8+ years’ experience executing & employing UCD / HCD methods to understand the human element of enterprise problems (Generative user research, ideation & innovation methods, evaluative user research, and visual/interaction design)
• Proven ability to work well in an agile team environment (e.g., Kanban & SCRUM) and with global teams.
• Project Management exposure within Agile SAFe and/or ExxonMobil EMCAPS.
• Ability to appropriately identify, address, and resolve conflicts within project team.
• Excellent analytical/problem solving skills, and a passion for continual learning.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and stakeholders.
• Must be self-motivated and driven to learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
• Possesses a high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, as well as external suppliers and organizations.
• Has the demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to large audiences within multiple levels of the organization.
• Possesses excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
• Excellent ability to solve problems and meet deadlines by juggling multiple, competing and changing priorities.
• Solid PC skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Previous experience executing UCD methods in the Oil & Gas industry
• Previous experience providing application support, development, and system administration
• Previous experience working within a global team and/or a large, multinational organization.
• Knowledge and/or experience in the following strongly preferred:
• OS: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012+
• Agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM, Kanban, & SAFe)
• Software development Tool Chains (e.g. make, GIT, Visual Studio, TFS)
• Angular / AngularJS / NativeScript
• React / ReactNative
• Design/Research Tools & Agile Environment etc.:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Axshare, InVision
• Screaming Frog / Visio / OmniGraffle / Google Draw / Qualtrics