Our client, who is a global e-retailer is hiring a Sr. UX Designer in the Portland Or., area with 5+ years of experience in UX and adept at using Sketch, Zeplin, Invision. Mobile native apps, google and apple, ios/android knowledge is preferred. They connect more than 170 million buyers and 25 million sellers globally every day, with a billion active items listed for sale. That’s a lot of people, a lot of inventory, and a huge opportunity. The work they do every day impacts the lives of our customers in tangible ways!
They believe in using design as a force for good: Vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. While creating experiences used by millions, the goal is to empower each and every person to grow and thrive. The work style places people and culture over process. Nimble, collaborative teams lead the way for projects to iterate quickly. Decision-making work often happens in the moment and design helps drive new ideas forward.
The Platforms UX Team is actively seeking a hardworking designer to focus on native mobile, joining us in our mission of crafting a cohesive cross-platform experience for our customers.
As a Mobile Product Designer you will:
- Work in concert with our Design Systems and Native Foundations team to craft experiences that align with our brand, provide customer value and move our mobile apps forward.
- Partner closely with researchers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, and designers from across the company to understand customer needs, design in-context and arrive at elegant and performant mobile design solutions.
- Articulate your design solutions to other designers and product partners
- Present your work and have your voice heard in weekly design reviews.
- Deliver wireframes, mocks and/or prototypes on device for new user interfaces and interactions.
- Work with a team of collaborative product designers who love getting into the details, solving hard problems and have a great time together doing it.
To succeed as a designer you should:
- Be collaborative and open: We set aside individual egos and work together to find the solutions for our customers.
- Be a self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects.
- Be adept at using Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, or other industry standard tools to get your ideas across.
- Be a clear verbal and written communicator, with the ability to effectively present your work to both design and non-design audiences.
- Be proficient at solving business problems by facilitating a user-centric design process.
- Have a working understanding of mobile specific patterns and standard methodologies as it relates to interface design, ie. Apple’s iOS guidelines and Material Design.
- Undergraduate degree in design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or 5 years experience in related field.
- Must include the URL to an up-to-date, online portfolio in order to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.