Hiring a UX Writer with 3 years of experience (6+preferred) in UX writing, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc).along with a minimum of 3 years of experience with mobile micro copy and transactional messaging such as emails, text messages and push notifications. Sketch and/or InVision is preferred.
Note* This UX writer can sit either in the Boston, MA location OR Cumberland RI location.
To be successful in this role,you need to explain complex concepts and solve business challenges while being an advocate of the user. Your content strategies will leverage best practices, user feedback and research, brand direction and accessibility standards research to develop intelligent, interactive messaging and content. You have experience writing for multiple channels and devices, and good ideas on how best to serve these different contexts. You know how to collaborate with designers and product managers to optimize content throughout the product life cycle. Finally, you exhibit impeccable communication skills that ensure efficient collaboration with your team and stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the top four or five primary responsibilities of the position in the space provided below, indicating the most important functions first and the approximate percentage of time spent on each.
Responsibilities % Time
1. Assess content needs and deliver screen copy, accessibility text, emails, SMS and other copy on a project basis. Ensure that all content meets brand and accessibility standards. Partner with product managers in obtaining legal and compliance approval as needed. 65%
2. Participate in story grooming and pointing, sprint planning and retrospectives to ensure features are user-centered and team allots sufficient time for UX work. 15%
3. Help to enhance style guide and participate in content governance activities across the enterprise to ensure a consistent customer experience and messaging across channels and business units. 10%
4. Plan for content implementation and associated technical requirements, such as variable content, content management and incorporating data elements. 5%
5. Collaborate with other XDO team members and business partners to test and optimize user experience and content. 5%
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree Preferred: Degree in English, communications, journalism or similar area.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience (6+preferred) in UX writing, with experience working with cross-functional teams (IT, Product, Research, etc).
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience with mobile micro copy and transactional messaging such as emails, text messages and push notifications.
1. Experience using Sketch and/or InVision.
2. Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints.
3. Experience with agile and lean software development practices is highly preferred.
4. Experience with enterprise content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, ATG, Nuxeo, Oracle or other is preferred.