This is a full-time position working onsite in Sunnyvale for a top client, engagement is hourly on a W2 and set for one year. The position itself supports cloud-based products and . services through nearly all modes of competitive analysis.
As a Product Marketing Manager - Senior Compete Analyst you will fully manage end to end insights and strategy initiatives to support the company in doubling down its differentiation at scale. You will be an owner and manager for all competitive analysis, content and strategy for an internal competitive intelligence system.
- Envision, drive, and track high impact, outcome-based, and high executive and customer visibility competitive intelligence programs from start to finish.
- Conduct product, domain, and use case-based competitive analysis driven by customer outcomes you want to drive; turn this analysis into quality strategic insight.
- Help build out a Global customer facing competitive intelligence system for The Company; expand the company third-party bench of intelligent experts.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and leadership teams to develop fact based ammo to support positioning and differentiation narratives of strategic importance.
- Attend customer and market events, speak with industry experts/customers, analyze sales focused leading insights and present to sales and marketing teams for supporting business.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Day to Day owner of the competitive intelligence system - run user research, program manage, align with marketing teams and build new analyses into the system
- Create competitive differentiation assets and insights - technical and price benchmarking, vertical specific insights
- Manage 3rd party vendors for research and web development of the competitive intelligence system
- Run ad hoc competitive analysis and build presentations to support leadership decision making
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 2-5 years of practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in product marketing, sales engineering, consulting, solution architecture, or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry.
- Prior experience in business analysis / competitive analysis is required
- Prior experience working with vendors at multiple layers ins required
- Prior experience handling one or multiple projects with specific mention on areas supported
- Working knowledge on cloud technologies in any previous project to be mentioned
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- 1 year of experience working with cloud technologies with experience in AWS, Azure, VMWare, and GCP.
- Experience organizing and pushing a program forward, identifying a clear path for all parties and keeping the group on time and on goal.
- Experience in a customer-facing business development, technical pre-sales or strategic advisory role
- Experience analyzing cloud technologies and providers (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, Data Analytics, Machine Learning).
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise software technology across the entire stack and a desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent, high quality and/or volume of accomplishments, or ongoing, behind-the-scenes support and/or maintenance of projects.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.