This company helps businesses get a deeper understanding of their online customers so that they can deliver better user experiences and drive results. With tool, businesses know how their site and app users are engaging with their content and what’s working and what’s not.
Our team designs analytics paradigms and concepts for users. Meaningful, intuitive, and approachably human user experience content is critical to our success. As a result, we need an experienced and skilled writer to help define how we communicate our product offering, make our products easier to use, and streamline the user experience.
As a UX writer/content strategist for This Company, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Help organizations worldwide turn their data into insights that will make their businesses thrive.
- Be part of a fast-moving industry that’s defining the business insights space.
- Work with a growing and passionate team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers who are building the world's leading business analytics tools, all powered by the company's unique machine learning capabilities.
In this role, you’ll split your time between foundational projects and tactical deliverables.
- Evolve and own the project content strategy: Improve terminology, definitions, and communication with our users; define style standards and voice and tone guidelines.
- Work with partner teams across the organization, including other content strategist, to evolve content strategy, editorial style guide, and terminology/word list for consistent language.
- In partnership with research, design, and product management, develop user tests to inform content choices.
- Partner with the technical help center writers and marketing writers to ensure a cohesive cross-product communication strategy.
- Write elegantly simple, useful, and engaging content for complex analytics concepts and user flows.
- As a member of the UX team, partner with designers and researchers to review designs and recommend content changes.
- Collaborate with PM, ENG, UX, UXR, and Tech writing teams to simplify content.
- Partner with localization to resolve questions about English source content.
- Partner with accessibility specialists to ensure that content is compliant with accessibility requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, including Human Computer Interaction or Psychology)
- 5+ years of product UX writing experience
- Ability to diplomatically juggle competing priorities and potentially ambiguous direction
- Portfolio of demonstrated product UX writing work and content strategy projects
- Expert writing and editing skills
- Ability to justify content decisions with established best practices, understanding of engineering capabilities, design principles, and research-driven insights
- Strong verbal and written communications, including developing presentations and other deliverables
- Proven ability to drive design thinking by working closely with UX and product teams
- Experience contributing to style standards
Nice to Haves:
- Enterprise products and B2B experience
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- Familiarity and experience working in the mobile apps space
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.