- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Packaging Designer to join their team. This is an 18-month opportunity.
As the Packaging Designer you will design and create innovative, accessible, packaging concepts (i.e. artwork, print, pattern, 3D mock ups) and rive processes to ensure product creation meets aesthetic and functional standards, manufacturability, and adherence to cost/profit margin targets.
- Responsible for the conception and execution of packaging design projects of all levels of complexity
- Supports Sr. Designers and Packaging Manager
- Works under minimal supervision
- Actively participates in concept meetings
- Oversee lower level designers
- Works with internal partners (ie. licensees, Production, and/or Packaging) to influence and support design and development process from concept to production.
- Able to create a storyline that integrates Disney characters into trends inventively.
- Understands Disney characters and Disney storytelling and how it translates to product
- High-concept “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Strong awareness of market trends
- Excellent project management skills
- Time management skills
- Thorough understanding of all elements of design: illustration, page layout, color and typography
- Thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is critical
- Traditional illustration skills are a plus
- Experience with character based design is a major plus
- BA/BS or 2 years Technical College in a related field (Graphic Design) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-4 yrs. related work experience
Preferred Qualifications: Experience as an illustrator is very much helpful
- Please submit with link to portfolio.
- Need to be passionate about packaging design and good with typography and space.
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers