Our forward-thinking Fortune 500 global investment firm – who bring People Capital and Ideas together to help their clients and the communities they serve – is in need of a term freelance Part Time (20 hours per week) Remote Proofreader.
This role is remote in Chicago, IL, 6 months with opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits (as long as you bill 20 hours + a week), FlexSpend, 401k is provided for this freelance engagement.
What You Will Do:
- As part of the Consumer Brand Management and Communications Group, you will review content, in draft form or in layout, for grammatical accuracy, design integrity and adherence to brand voice, legal and compliance requirements and style guidelines.
- Confer with Copywriters, Designers and Project Managers on proposed changes and corrections.
- Potential for additional support to Creative Services team, including occasional copywriting assignments, presentation decks or image research.
- Become an expert in the financial service copy style, products, and customer-centric brand.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, mostly quick-turns with occasional longer projects.
What You Need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with standard proofreading marks and direction
- Strong organization and project management skills and strong judgment and effective management of reputational risk.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum 5 years of professional experience in advertising/marketing proofreading.
- Prefer experience writing in a heavily regulated industry.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint.
- Willing to perform a proofreading test as part of interview process.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com