This career defining, long-term, one year freelance role (with opportunity to extend) as User Interface Designer is onsite in NYC (downtown) 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
As a User Interface Designer must have a passion for creating engaging digital experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior visual design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What You Will Do:
- This UI Designer will work across multiple platforms (never a boring day!) to manage and maintain the platforms’ design systems. This will demand a candidate to have a strong background in visuals and design systems. The main platforms this candidate will work on are the Online and the 3D Platform, a business application tool our third-party Financial Advisors use when servicing wealth management clients.
- Create best in class designs that are both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing and transform into innovative solutions that support user’s needs across all platforms.
- Develop product features that are functional and visually appealing
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards, create designs that are WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant, conduct comprehensive accessibility reviews and testing to compliance
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering as well as review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing
What You Need:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a key member of a design team participating in the development lifecycle of successfully launched consumer websites and or products
- Excellent skills producing visual design comps, cuts and guides, and full-fledged design style guides
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience using HTML/CSS, agile methodologies and scrum, detailed knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org