4 month temp assignment (with potential to extend or convert) at a well-known Fortune 500 Tech/E-Commerce Company.
- Create and work with 2D art assets from production mock-ups.
- Use Photoshop batch processes to export assets quickly, working within optimization constraints set by engineering such as compression, size requirements, etc.
- Analyze screen mock-ups and recognize repeating patterns and elements, and recreate the design in software using a minimal number of shared assets and components.
- Take an existing, functional placeholder UI screen written in Lua, to visual parity with the approved production mock-up.
- Use a library of common components and scripting tools to create screens quickly, re-using elements as much as possible.
- Ensure that all screens and components have interesting and attractive animations, using a fully Lua-driven animation system (no timeline-based animation editing).
- You have a portfolio that illustrates previous experience for all of the above.
- You are willing to take a small art test and/or scripting test.
- BA degree and related field
Video Game Experience
- You have worked as a UI Artist on a video game project for at least 3 years.
- You have shipped at least 1 video game.
- Use your proven eye for detail and a knack for 2D graphic design, which you can illustrate with your portfolio and work experience, to evaluate and contribute to UI production mock-ups.
- Quickly adapt to an established art direction quickly by absorbing a style guide, studying existing screen designs, and communicating with a pre-existing UI Design team.
- Use Photoshop to create high fidelity screen mock-ups, and to export game-ready assets from pre-existing PSDs.