Aquent's client is looking for a Manager Store Engineering on the concept development team. Must have MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.) certifications.
Department is solely focused on evolving our customer experience by bringing to life new partnerships and innovation within our physical store environment.
They embrace new ways to look at the whole box with Brand values in our hearts and challenge convention with the customer always front of mind.
They do small scale, fast-paced pilots, with a promise to put forth design innovation that can move seamlessly to scale.
- A motivated, emerging thought leader and creative thinker
- Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve, keep learning, go faster, go smarter, think more collaboratively
- An engineer by training and education but an innovator at heart, with growing experience in all disciplines of building engineering
- Focused on the details that matter, with a goal to get it right the first time and limit impact to our customers
- Agile and responsive to changing business environments and work priorities
- Push the limits of change for customers
- Juggle multiple projects at a time
- Propose groundbreaking, never tried before, industry-leading design solutions
- Interface with leadership with strong executive presence and communication skills
- Continually create, iterate on and challenge conceptual designs and scopes of work, while asking “what if” in our evolving customer experience
- Foster team camaraderie
This role will
- Leads the engineering design process by executing and evolving standards, tools and processes to ensure the design goals are met.
- Collaborates with the larger creative team to bring our designs to life.
- Acts as the engineering design lead for the planning, scoping and creation of solutions to bring forward key strategies in our stores.
- Collaborates with and provides direction to external engineering consultants.
- Manages the execution of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of the Unified Design Standards for stores.
- Ensures compliance with quality control procedures.
- Develops knowledge of engineering protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Works cross-functionally both within and outside the division, working in small teams to decrease total cost of ownership for the Company while accomplishing internal goals and delivering on results
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to value engineer in order to optimize total cost of ownership.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation of consultant contracts and leads teams of licensed building design professionals retained for the development of the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Subject Matter Expert in the stated discipline supporting current technical needs & requirements to the overall development program assuring best in class design.
- Responsible for applying value engineering principals to lifecycle costs and occupancy costs through our Company Unified Design Standards.
- Reports on progress and uses analytics lessons learned, and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into the Company Unified Design Standards.
- Brings deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise.
- Creates and maintains Company Unified Design Standards, which is comprised of Design Guidelines, Brand Guidelines, Architecture and Engineering Standards, Building Criteria, Specifications, and Technical Manuals.