Front End Web Designer / Developer ON-SITE ONLY
Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite :: A MUST!!!
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY :: Able to commute daily to work on-site in Pasadena, CA
Required Skills and Experience
Project Management and Customer Relations Skills
● Proven ability to plan, develop and design websites from inception to completion utilizing appropriate tools and methodologies.
● Ability to consult directly with customers regarding web technologies, site functionality, and services that will facilitate project objectives.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage projects.
● Ability to collaborate on projects with the web services team
● Knowledge of agile methodologies (Kanban, Velocity Tracking)
● Advanced, up-to-date knowledge of principles and techniques in web design, hosting and production.
● Experience delivering multiple websites, be able to work independently, and be able to take a project “start to finish.”
● Demonstrated experience using the following languages and frameworks:
○ Bootstrap 4
○ PHP (ASP, Java)
○ CMS themes and customization experience a plus
● Experience with collaborative version control using Git (branches, pull-reqs, etc.)
● Experience with command line and package managers (npm, yarn)
● Knowledge of back-end databases (MySQL, NoSQL) and REST to organize content, create workflow tools, form submissions, API calls, etc.
● Knowledge of web server administration (SSH / command line interface ability a plus)
● Ability to ensure that websites are in compliance with 508 ADA requirements and Lab policies using scan software (SortSite)
● Knowledge of web browser compatibility (i.e., cross-browser compliance)
● Demonstrated knowledge of UX and UI principles
● Experience with responsive and mobile-first design and development
● Experience working with typography and the ability to create effective, user-friendly web layouts on the fly, all while following enterprise style guidelines.
● Experience designing wireframes and prototypes using tools such as Balsamiq or Sketch.
● Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to haves
● Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding improving processes within the team
● WebGL/3D modeling
● Video Editing and After Effects Knowledge
Other notes: Looking for this person to start perhaps in late December / early January 2020 (as the interview process progresses). ON-SITE Resources ONLY.
FTE: 20-30 hours to start, through end of FY 20. This may increase 40 depending on person’s skillset, flexibility and ability to adapt to our workflow environment.
MUST own laptop + all necessary software needed to complete tasks.