The Graphic Designer will serve as a collaborative team member, visual translator and design lead on all graphic design projects for the US Marketing team, from design to production of mechanicals. The Graphic Designer will work under the Us Marketing and Global Creative team, as well as work in tandem with a team of designers, production team to create concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
This beauty brand prefers a designer with a more edgy, grunge, hip, stylish sleek and stylish portfolio.
• Create assets based on the global campaign launches and create new assets for US only intatives based on the brand style guidelines.
• Requires a strong proficiency in file preparation and delivery for multiple mediums. A developed understanding of printing, digital/offset, specialty treatments and materials is required in order to design with the most creative possibilities in mind.
• Sample of the design projects the Graphic Designer might work on:
o Concept look and feel for event materials: invite and visuals
o Educational Material: internal and consumer facing material and presentations
o Design and create final artwork for various in-store collateral
In addition to the performance of the job responsibilities mentioned above, this position will required to perform supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the operation.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity
Other duties as assigned
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• This design position requires someone who can translate concepts and design into a variety of assets. Illustration, type design (hand/digital), and strong concepting skills necessary. Excellent sense of typography and color.
• Passion for design in daily life. Watches trends, reads relevant blogs and design sites, well informed of new features in Adobe CS, etc.
• Be able to manage workflow and execute to timelines.
• Experience designing in a commercial capacity. The Graphic Designer should be able to walk the line between art and commerce: Design creative pieces that reinforce the brand image while also communicating clearly and driving sales
• Superior layout skills
• Print production experience is extremely helpful, including press checks, knowledge of specialty treatments, and mediums
• Experience designing for a variety of mediums
• Communicates well with creative team and US Marketing team members at all levels, from the VP of marketing to a production designer. Collaborates well with copywriters, production team, etc.
• Attention to detail. Submits work that is free of errors. Delivers flawless final files. Good archiving habits
• Must be able to manage time and multi-task
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
• May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, with an emphasis on Fine Art
• 5+ years’ experience
• Expert in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Proficient in InDesign
• Mac system/software
• Basic MS Office Software
• Basic PC/Mac conversion/compatibility troubleshooting
• Resourceful with the internet