Aquent's established yet innovative client is looking for a Communications Manager. This position is a contract role for 1 year. Must be able to work onsite in Deerfield, IL.
Responsibilities: Executes results-focused communication that supports the Retail Transformation program.
• Executes communication plan and activities across releases/initiatives and stakeholder groups, recommends changes as needed
• Works closely with change management leads, program leaders and/or project teams to align daily activities to program strategy
• Collaborates routinely with other communications functions to ensure consistent and accurate messaging and delivery
• Coordinates executive communication and media (video presentations, etc.)
• Develops specific and targeted communications, including emails, speechwriting, video scripts, presentations, websites and newsletters
• Executes communication approval processes; raises risks or barriers • Helps manage feedback processes/channels and develops responses and other assets such as FAQ documents
• Recommends improvements for communication effectiveness Characteristics/ Competencies
• Easily establishes successful cross-functional relationships.
• Models exceptional customer focus & leads efforts to continually enhance the customer experience.
• Acts as a leader of change – and isn’t afraid to fail fast.
• Openness to change
• Knowledge of change management methodologies.
Technical Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years of corporate communication experience (e.g., drafting speeches, executive communications, organization-wide communications)
• Experience developing messaging, as demonstrated by writing samples
• Experience analyzing and framing strategic issues and transforming into influential or persuasive language
• Experience expressing ideas in a clear and compelling way, to identify key issues in complex situations and be flexible enough to change plans when necessary.
• Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop and execute communication
• Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
• Experience providing regular program communication support for global system implementation program
• Experience interacting with and influencing senior leaders, operational teams and employees
• Experience working both independently and in a team environment