As a Design Technologist - you are a designer that brings concepts and ideas to life using technology. Help our team get to the future faster by unlocking next gen experiences, narrowing the gap between possibility and actuality, and leveraging current and emerging technologies through prototypes and provocations, all in service to our customers and innovation.
Design Technologists use technology to communicate and to drive design intent and push new thinking. We take our most innovative product concepts and bring them to life in an effort to push the boundaries of design. Our products are created through highly innovative design concepts with a foundation of highly complex technical layers. The design technology team develops the next generation of products, balancing both design and technical considerations, and brings life and soul to designs through high fidelity prototypes.
You’ll partner with researchers, product managers, development, and designers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation. Design technologist brings together key stakeholders, both inside and outside of design, to align on strategies and helps clarify vision and strategy through tangible artifacts and prototypes. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs.
What’ll get your foot in the door
● Have a passion for design, code, innovation, and technology with the customer at the center of everything you do.
● Ability to rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
● Have proficiency with front end-programming (web, desktop, mobile, native)
As a Design Technologist you will
● Develop functional prototypes to test, prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
● Help develop, implement and evangelize tools and processes that allow design and development to work closely together on rapid iteration of design concepts.
● Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
● Partner with interaction and visual design to enable modern motion and animation - from marketing to product experiences to offboarding to the rest of the internal ecosystem.
● Keep an eye on future tech trends that will impact design and turn those innovative technologies into useful and highly impactful design capabilities or tools.
● Represent our company as a thought leader for design technology through articles and conference presentations, while encouraging other team members to do the same.
● Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, and researchers
● Forge relationship and partnership with research to help unearth durable insights and to provoke outside thinking.
● Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
● Participate in a collaborative, knowledge-sharing design community across all our offices.
● BS degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or similar degree or equivalent practical technical and/or design experience
● Strong UX and visual design skills and experience using Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, and other UI design and prototyping tools
● Strong conceptual thinking
● Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
● 2-5 years experience designing or building consumer applications, preferably rich web apps/sites
● Experience developing native applications for iOS or Android (Swift, Objective-C, ReactNative, Java, etc.) a plus!
● Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills
● Experience using frameworks and libraries such as ReactJS, AngularJS, BootStrap, Zurb, jQuery, etc
● A dazzling portfolio