We are looking for an Agile Product Owner with 3+ years of experience working as a Product Owner in an Agile Framework for our F500 client in Princeton, NJ!
The Agile Product Owner will be responsible for working on an Agile SCRUM team to develop features and user stories for the business’ efforts. The Agile Product Owner will collaborate with various lines of business and stakeholders to assist the agile team in translating those needs into functional specifications. Working directly with business stakeholders, PMO, and other SCRUM teams, this role will manage the process of prioritization that directly contributes to the SCRUM team’s ability to develop, test, and deploy new products and features. This role requires that the individual is strategic and will employ user centered design methodology/design thinking to deliver best-in-class and customer-first experiences for our client's retail customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Translates customer "needs" and "wants" into requirements, and shepherds requirements through delivery by collaborating with design and IT
• Collaborates with business stakeholders, PMO, and other SCRUM teams to manage the teams’ product roadmap and releases
• Continuously leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytics to understand, influence, and report on key performance indicators to the business
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to finalize project plans and project list
• Consults with various business teams to understand current and future business needs
• Proven experience developing analytics and metrics-based reporting to team, stakeholders and executive leadership
• Researches and identifies industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness
• Manages prioritization and product backlog
• Firm grasp of agile development, technology, and user experience
• Works closely with development teams and business teams to deliver products
Interpersonal Skills - Communication & Analytical
• Strong business, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and to foster collaboration and communication across teams
• Strong verbal/written communication and strategic thinking
• Highly confident with ability to take ownership and accountability
• Proven ability to execute
• Detail oriented problem solver that enjoys proposing solutions to improve our customer satisfaction
• Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong leadership, presentation, and problem-resolution skills.
• Ability to work well with internal, cross-functional and external teams and drive consensus.
• Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Familiar with the creative development process.
• Triage and prioritize product improvement ideas received from different sources (internal & external)
• Combine the customer feedback, development ideas and future ideas to build and manage the product backlog
• Pro-actively work on the product backlog and update it at regular intervals
• Document user stories along with acceptance criteria
• Sprint planning and product backlog prioritization
• 3-5 years as Product Owner working in an Agile Framework
• Experience with Project Management/Agile Scrum process
• Experience transitioning a new team to the agile methodology
• Collaborating on user experience planning with cross-functional design and development teams
• Experience with web analytics tools
• Experience with digital optimization and performance
• Experience with product management
• Understanding and experience handling complete product life cycle and minimally viable products
• Experience working on database projects, digital projects, and mobile and web applications