This career defining, long-term, one year freelance role as UI/UX Developer is onsite in downtown NYC (1 New York Plaza), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
The position is a senior hands-on UI/UX Developer in Global Banking Technology who will help drive a multi-year effort to build an end-to-end analytics platform for banking products’ market risk management.
What You Will Do:
- As an experienced Sr. UX/UI Developer, you will develop modular, scalable, stable, and optimized front-end code for applications using Angular 2+ with Java APIs.
- Implement automated testing for AngularJS 2+ code using Karma/Jasmine/Protractor
- Interact with Business, Developers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and other global teams during various phases of development
- Turn data into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights.
What You Need:
- Candidate should be fluent in UX design skills and have previous experience implementing multi-tiered web applications. Strong experience with UX Design/Wireframe
- Deep knowledge (5+ years) of large scale front-end enterprise application development in Angular 2+ along with exceptional debugging skills
- Strong programming expertise in Java/J2EE, Node.js, HTML5, CSS, Less, and responsive design concepts
- Working knowledge of interfacing with RDBMS (DB2 and/or SQL Server), experience with other JS libraries and frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, JQuery, etc.).
- Experience writing unit test cases for Angular code using Jasmine/Karma unit testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of industry standard build tools such as NPM and Webpack
- Solid grasp of distributed architecture including RESTful Services, Web API, and messaging
- Prior experience with data visualization, experience delivering using Agile methodology
- Strong problem solving and system design, previous experience engaging in peer design and code reviews
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills; will be engaging directly with business users
- Self-Driven with a desire to learn both personally and professionally
- Prior working experience in financial industry.
What is it like working with Aquent?
- I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org