This career defining, long-term, one year freelance role as Visual Designer is onsite in NYC (midtown), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
Our Client’s UX Team is one of the most reputable design teams in finance. It is known for consistently delivering innovative, award-winning apps, platforms and strategies used by internal teams and clients of the Firm. The 25 person Team is comprised of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers and UI Developers based in London, New York, Montreal and Glasgow, and delivers user-centric digital solutions. Known for their open, creative and collaborative team culture and highly valued skillset.
What You Will Do:
- As Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the visual design of user interfaces for web-based, hand-held, and desktop applications.
- Create detailed Interaction and User Interface Designs, create innovative visual language for User Interfaces and define and create graphic systems & style guides
- Create innovative visualizations of complex information and data and design transactional user interfaces
- You will also balances an academic interest in best practices with tactical solutions and define innovative solutions whilst being commercially minded
- Manages client expectations and own time efficiently and collaborate with product owners and business analysts to design solutions
What You Need:
- BA/BS 4 Year College Degree with 5+ years working collaboratively in cross-disciplinary design teams
- Strong Interaction and Visual Design Skills, strong verbal and written and presentation
- Proven client management skills
- You are comfortable with the User Centered Design process and looks for ways to improve it, understands and has opinions about current industry best practices and is experienced with designing transactional user interfaces
- Financial Services industry experience a plus, Agile experience a plus
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com