Fantastic Lead Senior Data Visualization Reporting Analyst Role
The Lead Senior Data Visualization Reporting Analyst will be a key role for our client's Sales Operations team. They will provide timely, accurate and easily understood information to teams, via the reporting solutions they create. This position knows how to work with large sets of data, create reports in many different tools, harbor excellent project management skills and communicate relevant insights very well. This person can create high-level management dashboards but also project-specific reports to ensure success. We are looking for someone with the right experience who is interested in working at a small company to see the impact of their work almost immediately!
1) Create and manage our reports end-to-end:
a) Build automated, actionable and accurate reporting suites (e.g. Management dashboards, Sales rep dashboards, exception alerting reports, tool adoption tracking report, etc.). To do this, they must be able to work across reporting systems, namely: SSRS, SF reports, Qlikview, and Tableau. Further they will also be modifying/enhancing our existing suite of reports in SSRS and Qlikview, as needed.
b) Analyze current business performance, build models to both explain current trends and create dashboards that accurately reflect the current state
c) Understand top initiatives that the company is focusing on, and then be able to anticipate + create the reporting needs that will ensure project success.
2) Analyze the status quo and present recommendations
a) Be able to analyze current reports and work with the sales teams to decide which reports are needed, which can be deleted and which need to be modified.
b) Be able to identify discrepancies between reports and resolve.
c) Suggest reporting tools that the company is not using today that would help us scale to the future
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in analytical environments with emphasis on data analysis and reporting. Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate study preferred.
• Highly analytical: Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities, including the ability to logically and efficiently structure ambiguous problems, identify sources of data, conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights and recommend actions. Be able to query and analyze data from various and differing systems (both technical and process)
• Creative problem solver: Skilled at information collection and discovery; demonstrated ability to develop practical, workable solutions. Skilled at learning and applying new technology tools.
• Demonstrates ownership: Ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and assume ownership for broad tracks of work. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility for scaling and maintaining reporting and analysis
• Highly collaborative: Able to work across functions, geographies, and organizational levels to develop solutions; engages and involves key stakeholders. Be able to collaborate well with sales leaders (generally the end user of most of our reports)
• Creates leverage: Able to design efficient, scalable solutions while constantly focusing efforts on the most beneficial activities
• Strong communicator: Able to communicate well to a data-savvy audience but also to less data savvy audiences. Able to translate data insights to sales teams.
• Project management: Able to manage small to medium sized projects
• Team player: Builds good relationships with the team and across the organization.
• Strong “fire fighter” mentality – ready to jump in, respond and help sales teams experiencing issues; Able to track a trend in the issues, come up with a plan and solve
Exceptional SQL experience, required
Experience in SSRS, preferred
Experience in Qlikview, preferred
Experience in Tableau, preferred