We are in the midst of an exciting business transformation powered by technology. We are creating a new digital platform based on SaaS systems to deliver our digital products in a more efficient way as well as leverage new capabilities. We are putting a high focus on the user in order to ensure cohesive experience across all parts of the platform. As a Senior-level UI/UX designer, you will be an advocate for the user and will drive creation of user-centric designs as well as ensuring consistency and adherence to style guides. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with product owners, business analysts, vendor teams, internal/external developers, and other UX/UI designers to drive creation of powerful user experiences. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
- Collaborate with marketing, technology and platform partners to help create a unified architecture and visual style guide that adheres to design and accessibility best practices and advances our brand strategy
- Work with product owners and vendor teams to create cohesive user experience across all parts of the new digital platform (e-commerce, learning management, content, user registration, and others)
- Produce flow diagrams, journey maps, UI sketches, conceptual diagrams, wireframes (both low and hi-fi), interactive prototypes and micro-interactions, user interface design comps, and final visual designs.
- Help develop, maintain and evolve style guides, design systems, assets and processes for our vast array of digital websites/platforms.
- Collaborate with technical team to ensure deliverables adhere to design specs - collaborate during development and participate in sprint reviews
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Must be a team player with strong analytical skills to understand and translate business requirements to system UI/UX requirements.
- Six or more years of experience and proven track record delivering powerful user experiences in a senior role (Agency experience is a plus)
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc. Responsive design experience is a must-have.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, InVision, Balsamiq.
- Knowledgeable about designing pages utilizing CMS-based content
- Experience working with multi-brand organizations.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset. Ability to lead brainstorming sessions with various stakeholders
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and accessibility standards (508 compliance).
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process and effectively integrating UX design process into agile process
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Kentico), eCommerce software (Netsuite), and/or Learning Management Systems is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a matrix environment.
- Bachelor Degree in HCI, Web Design, Graphic Design or related field.