Large Media and Entertainment company in Century City, CA is seeking an Evening Media Coordinator to joing their team for night shift role. This is a temporary opportunity slated to go 4-months and could extend.
**MUST be okay with work hours of 2-10pm or 4pm-12am and some weekends
The Entertainment Post-Production team is seeking an experienced Evening Coordinator – Programming. The Evening Coordinator – Programming will assist in overseeing QC and media operators in the day to day media operations of the department. He/she will manage trafficking of program assets, provide status updates to key stake holders, and ensure the on-time delivery of program assets to broadcast operations.
- Manage the day-to-day trafficking of program assets for the Networks including keeping schedules, updating Programming & Scheduling and Broadcast Operations on the status of deliverables.
- Administer programming schedule timelines with key stakeholders including post-production facilities and production companies to ensure deliverables are received on time.
- Provide internal and external clients updated QC reports, timing sheets, and broadcast standards & practices recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal teams and departments to manage schedules and workflows to ensure broadcast deadlines are accomplished.
- Facilitate communication and interaction between internal clients and production companies to ensure that screenings, reviews and approvals occur within the scheduled timeframe.
- Oversee, advise, and prioritize assignments to quality control (QC) operators in the processing of program assets. Ensure QC operators adhere to defined QC processes.
- Enforce adherence to the Networks technical deliverable specifications for all program assets.
- Ensure all delivery dates are met and communicate daily with the cable network clients and productions companies regarding show delivery, QC reports, and show timings.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen well and interact professionally with creative personnel and company employees across all management levels.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment, build consensus, and positively motivate staff and team members.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a coordinator with a broadcast or cable network or post-production facility.
- Minimum two years’ experience with program deliverables, QC of broadcast assets, media codecs and wrappers, media centric file-based workflows, workorder systems, and scheduling software.
- Incorporate critical reasoning, practical experience, and holistic analysis in the resolution of issues.
- Experience working with trade unions and represented employees.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, highly analytic and strategic capacity towards achieving short and long-term organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must Haves: Must be able to work independently since they will be working in the evenings, must be a self starter, background in post-production (knowledge of the post-production is key), must have intermediate Excel experience (the team uses Excel a lot for grids, etc.),