Large Media and Entertainment client that works on top movie brands in Burbank, CA is seeking a Jr. Publicist to join their team. This is a 3-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
- Read movie script and review one-line schedule, crew list, cast list
- Work with publicity leads, content, in-home, franchise, digital and promotions to determine EPK/BTS on set needs and goals
- Book EPK crew coverage for Franchise set visit Presentations, 3rd party outlets and press visits during film production
- Coordinate BTS shooting days and EPK interviews with vendors for films in production as well as post production shoots for all Live Action, Animation, other titles
- Hire camera crews, producers, groomers
- Obtain any required insurance/permit documentation for shoots
- Book locations
- Send out call sheets
- Circulate EPK interview questions with Publicity, Strategy, Creative Content, Multi-Cultural, Franchise, In-Home and departments to ensure all needs are covered prior to conducting the interview
- Manage Outstanding/ Completed interview list for all pre/post production films
- Produce behind-the-scenes Set Visit Reels that the Franchise Department uses to pitch potential corporate partners
- Manage post production of EPK materials
- Gather and manage all transcripts for interviews and distribute to publicity for creating production notes and talent Q&As and distribute to Publishing for creating of making-of books as well as distribution of select portions to press for quotes.
Coverage of Live Events
- Coordinate A/V Publicity coverage of film premieres, junket press conferences, fan events, conventions…etc. (D23 Expo, Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Ceremonies, CinemaCon…etc)
- Create call sheets/ schedules for film premieres to share with vendors and crews.
EPK.tv (and DDS) website
- Manage and maintain all content on EPK.tv
- Coordinate coverage and distribution of materials nationally and internationally for film premieres, international press tours, marketing events and fan conventions through EPK.tv and DDS
- Coordinate all Trailer debuts with Publicity, create EPK.tv link for inclusion in press blasts and post Trailers live after broadcast/online debut
- Cart publicity content upon request to broadcast and online outlets doing stories on our movies
- Place encode orders for content posted on EPK.tv
Publicity Film Clips
- Schedule publicity film clip review meetings
- Submit and traffic film clips for Legal/Music approval
- Pull offline publicity film clip string-outs for internal review and traffic film clip requests from various departments (Publicity, Digital, International, Content, Synergy and Integrated Marketing)
- Oversee the final online and delivery of approved film clips to EPK.tv and DDS
- Manage film clips posting live on EPK.tv and internationally on DDS
- Receive special requests for film clips outside of the theatrical publicity window and route through proper Legal clearance channels
Awards Season Campaigns
- Produce the annual Publicist Guild Awards reel
- Provide film clips, behind-the-scenes footage, featurettes and soundbites to award shows creating nomination and win packages
- Provide film clips, behind-the-scenes footage, featurettes and soundbites to media outlets doing stories/specials on our nominated films
- Manage all EPK BTS/Interview materials in the WMLS database.
- Archive all raw camera media from EPK behind the scenes footage and interviews (shot during both production and post production) on the Disney Storage Depot Media Server
- Maintain server storage
- Manage special request for footage from films outside of the publicity window and traffic the requests through Legal clearance
- Provide archival footage for awards honorees, montages, tribute reels, documentaries, Disney retiree reels, etc.
- Production experience is helpful
- Knowledge of file formats