Communications Consultant, Health Content Strategy + Operations
This healthcare company, now one of the top companies in the United States, is seeking a freelance consultant to support the Content Strategy + Operations team.
Reporting to the Content Strategist, the Communications Consultant will help develop and execute content programs supporting enterprise communications campaigns and priorities, as well as communications strategies to promote and syndicate content, targeting both internal and external audiences.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues across the broader Content + Experience center of excellence as well as across all lines of business and the other corporate centers of excellence in Corporate Communications.
You will utilize your experience with critical thinking across multiple disciplines to ensure strong execution of plans.
This position is based in New York, NY.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the ideation, development and execution of strategic, integrated content programs in support of Enterprise Communications campaigns across internal and external channels to build the brands reputation as a leader in health care, including measuring results
• Manage complex projects, including simultaneous workstreams across content production, syndication, and promotion in collaboration with colleagues across the Content + Experience center of excellence, especially Digital and Social Communications, as well as colleagues across all lines of business
• Help develop and deliver communications plans to promote and syndicate content programs, including social and traditional media strategies
• Copywriting and editing, including but not limited to script development, original editorial content, and social media content
• Represent the brand in interactions with external content collaborators, e.g. community partners
• Help manage communications agency, including ensuring adherence to project timelines and deliverables
• Support operational tasks, such as budget management and vendor invoice processing
We are seeking a top candidate with a strong background in integrated communications and content development across a broad range of channels/mediums who can build collaborative and effective relationships with external and internal audiences and ensure flawless execution of critical projects.
• Experience managing content programs across a range of mediums, including deep understanding of digital/social media (e.g. video series, web experiences, research reports, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and channels/platforms
• High degree of professionalism required to interface with colleagues and external partners on a regular basis
• Strong performance accountability, both in terms of following through on commitments and deadlines
• Strategic and analytical thinker, with superior problem-solving skills and the ability to zoom in and out between strategy and details
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
• Willingness to travel, as needed, and in support of business needs
Educational and Career Qualifications
• 5+ years relevant Communications experience
• Relevant experience developing content and communicating to internal and external audiences
• Strategic, proactive and creative thinker with the ability to oversee detailed execution
• Strong verbal and written communication skill and relationship management skills
• Ability to build successful functional relationships within the organization as well as with vendors and other external partners
• Experience in writing and editing various communications on short notice and as part of long-term initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate with other communication professionals toward a common goal
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, English, Business or a related field preferred