Digital Marketing Manager - Beauty/Cosmetics
This is a 3 month freelance position based onsite in NYC, with a Global Beauty company. They are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager that can help lead digital marketing for North America. This role will be onsite, 40 hours/week with a fantastic team. This will be a quick hire, interview and start date asap!
Purpose of role:
Support the North American digital marketing & brand strategy leading to leadership of day-to-day planning, execution and support of digital initiatives.
Develop and execute client digital marketing & brand strategies across US and Canada in support of retail stores and ecommerce with a focus on digital marketing efficiency, building the brand across NA (with particular focus on US where it is weaker) leading to profitable new customer acquisition and revenue growth.
This role will ensure all digital spend across paid media, social, affiliates and other specific out of store brand experiences are being invested properly as per budget framework established by VP of Digital. This role will work closely with organization stakeholders and cross-functional leaders including members from Marketing, Ecommerce, Commercial, Brand, IT, Legal and Finance. Responsible for assessing new trends in Digital Marketing and building long term strategy for company as it relates to customer acquisition. Manage expenses within budget.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manage a digital marketing strategy across North America that includes balancing upper and lower funnel messaging, channel balancing and customer segmentation to optimize revenue and customer acquisition for ecommerce and stores.
- Provide strategic leadership on brand and tactical digital assets for the North American market (this will require building strong relationship across International Digital and Brand teams)
- Define approaches to digital marketing test plan across North America. Develop and lead execution of marketing test plans, measurement, and internal communication.
- Responsible for profitably acquiring new customers across North America. Identify ongoing customer segments to expand the growth opportunity across both US and Canada
- Relationship management with vendors across paid media, social, affiliates and other specific out of store brand experiences. Ensure optimum channel balance for best results across North America. Leverage scale to drive efficiency across the region
- Lead the social voice across North America ensuring it is in line with the company brand values
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of client including minimizing the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace. Report potential risks, near misses and real accidents to relevant managers.
Personal requirements for role
- Minimum of 3 years experience in consumer digital retailing and digital marketing
- Experience working within a retail multichannel digital marketing program with a focus on customer acquisition, retention and segmentation.
- Thorough understanding of managing and optimizing a performance marketing budget
- Experience leading a team and developing staff to execute on the wider digital strategy
- Experience working with creative development and campaign analysis experience required
- Analytical experience using data to drive strategy and decision-making is also required.
- Passion for the digital marketing space with a solid understanding of direct marketing principles and research techniques
- A proven track record of converting marketing plans in to measurable results with specific KPI’s – sales, traffic, and transaction value.
- Strong vendor management experience
- Strong attention to details
- Experience using analytics tools like Google Analytics and SAP
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and managerial skills