Large Media and Entertainment client in Glendale, CA is seeking a Motion Graphics Designer to join their team. This is a 9-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
The Communications Creative department within the Parks, Experiences, and Products division which oversees messaging to employees, business partners and media worldwide is seeking a Graphic Designer / Motion Graphics Designer.
This position sits within the Communications team responsible for content management and strategy, day-to-day design, and production for business-critical
communications for video, presentations, print & digital signage, as well as web and email communications.
The Graphic Designer/Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for designing layouts and advertisements for print, web and digital signage systems and animating various layouts. They will be responsible for creating compelling, professional presentations that involve motion and animation. This role will likely comprise of 50% traditional graphic design, 40% motion graphics and 10% basic 3D rendering and animation.
This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain quality. They are a high-level creative who is expected to set the bar on quality and creativity.
Essential duties include: developing concepts, generating (often times multiple) iterations of a “look”. Responsible for designing and animating keynote presentations, logos, advertisement layouts, creating 2D and/or 3D content. This position works directly with the Graphics Department Art Director and/or Creative Director.
- Design unique high-end keynote presentation layouts that include polished and professional animation.
- Create custom branding and design concepts for programs and initiatives.
- Design and animate 3D logos and graphics for print and online use.
- Create motion graphic animations for our digital signage system.
- Work with the video producer to create compelling title sequences and lower third graphics to enhance professional video productions.
- Translate project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Maintain high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possess strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Display keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Bachelor’s degree required in New Media Design or related field with 3-5 years experience in motion graphics design.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Strong understanding of Apple Keynote, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills, Cinema 4D or Maya is desired
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.