- Various locations (9 total + remote)
- competitive hourly + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jamie Moshier
Aquent's Fortune 10 client is looking for multiple Accessibility Subject Matter Experts for an ongoing assignment, based in their Woonsocket (RI), Boston (MA), Northbrook (IL) NYC -Soho, Florham Park (NJ), Denver (CO), Chicago (IL), Richardson, (TX) OR Scottsdale (AZ) offices. For the right candidate, the client is willing to consider remote as well.
- Candidates MUST have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
- This role focuses on discovery and documentation, not development. In this role, you will liaise between business team leads, dev, UX, scrum masters, testers, etc. You must be able to help educate business teams on the importance of WCAG accessibility and provide recommendations/guidance.
- The team is looking for Accessibility Experts who can act in a SME and Project Manager-like role, not technical experts.
- This individual will do an audit of internal applications and web properties with the expectation to access and document all accessibility issues within in application, including recommendations for fixes (this role focuses more on their intranet, time management system, etc - not public-facing web properties)
- Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis and then documentation to be used for future updates. Remediation and functional testing are not likely to be a part of this role.
- Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
- Provide assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
- Provide assistance to business leaders in helping them understand needs, testing and optimizations.
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
- Direct previous experience with designing, project managing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
- MUST have strong communication skills and be comfortable speaking with conviction
- Experience with JIRA is a strong plus
- FED skills is useful, but not mandatory
- Engineering skills are a plus
- Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Documentation skills are important QAing background (with an accessibility angle) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health, including altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!