- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Scott Toohill
As the Business and Operations Associate, you have a unique opportunity to drive operational efficiency for a high-impact team. You will track and organize the team’s budget, deliver process improvements, drive operational efficiencies, and help with internal deadlines and updates. You will work closely with the Marketing team to oversee our day-to-day functions, ensuring the rest of the team has adequate support to work efficiently.
To do all this, you’ll work with a cross-functional team across marketing, program teams, policy, PR, other social impact teams, and more. We are a small start up team, so come prepared to roll up your sleeves!
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Track and manage our quarterly allocated budget.
- Manage all team Purchase Orders, budget transfers, additional budget requests, and help team members track spend to their budget.
- Define, evaluate, and improve processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with program managers and PMMs to implement smart processes and drive operational excellence.
- Help develop measurement strategies and tools (dashboards) for the various program and brand impact metrics.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly collection, reporting, and maintenance.
- Help with the quarterly planning processes, developing and organize planning templates and keeping notes.
- You will help with one off project management; delivering processes and strategies to help our team to be streamlined and efficient.
- Help manage and organize onboarding materials for new hires
- Monitor Travel and Expenses
- BS/BA degree (Manager is open to area of study)
- 3-4 years of experience in management consulting or organizational operations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior Google Sheets or Excel skills
- Familiar with gSuite products
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- SQL for dashboard creation (I.e Data Studio) and advanced analyses
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity and creates order out of it.
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for improvement and defining/measuring the success of those initiatives
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, high growth environment
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: