- Culver City, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$80/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jake Weingarten
This is an exciting and dynamic Business Affairs position responsible for collaborating with in-house marketing, production, and project management teams. This individual will also be responsible for licensing and clearance of original marketing materials to be used in global marketing communications for associated social, retail, direct marketing, events, broadcast, online advertising, and channel/retail partners. This person enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with creative individuals, has confidence in their skill set, is self-motivated, detail oriented and is a creative and proactive problem solver. This individual also is exceptional at building processes and has strong organizational and time management skills.
This dynamic individual will have at least 5-8 years of prior experience working in a Business Affairs role at an advertising agency or brand (experience in both, a plus). This individual should be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be capable of organizing a wide breadth projects. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Advanced degree such as JD is useful but not required.
- Must have working knowledge of copyright, trademark, and third party IP licensing in the areas of advertising and marketing
- Experience with the licensing fonts, images, illustrations, animation, and stock photo and video footage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to deal with rapid changes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and creative environment
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills, ability to partner with creatives who span many disciplines is essential
- Understanding of industry standards in advertising and marketing along with the related agreements around distribution of traditional media
- Working understanding of the SAG-AFTRA commercial contract and its implications for original advertising content is helpful
- Strong understanding of music licensing, music publishing, and video game IP
- Having a firm grasp on, and interest in the current cultural trends in sports, music, technology, fashion, etc. is important for success in this role
- Ability to work with a diverse set of entertainment and media industry partners
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)