- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Grenier
A San Francisco based Fortune 500 American clothing and accessories retailing company is looking for a contract Marketing Manager who will be an integral part of the Product Testing team which leads merchandise insights testing across all brands. This role will be responsible for driving engagement with selected Brand Teams to leverage the companies 1) online product survey testing capability and 2) in-store product testing program.
Product Testing is a key focus area in our business, enabling our brand teams to test merchandise to gain customer feedback that drives high-impact, strategic decisions. Testing informs a range of decisions–from the size of a denim order to re-designing a dress or selecting a print prior to manufacturing. Our team works across all six of our brands!
- Champion the adoption of Testing as a strategic capability across all brands inclusive of test strategy, design, execution and measurement.
- Partner with cross-functional teams
- Lead key Brand Test Kickoffs to ensure test execution answers the test objectives; ensure optimal test design
- Lead key Brand Test Result Handoffs and provide context to the result analysis and provide clarity on how to apply the results
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address test issues before they impact business results. Lead and/or participate in the resolution of test issues and concerns.
- Design & implement optimal testing processes with organizational partners (including Store Operations, Analytics, Operating Strategy) to ensure high quality output by identifying best practices and fostering continuous improvement to create a repeatable sustainable, scalable process for testing.
- Develop training materials to demonstrate the value of testing through both strategic and tactical execution, inclusive of cross-functional team roles and responsibilities
- Champion, drive and support the change management required to support on-going sustainability of the testing process and tools across/within Brands.
- Develop in partnership with Operating Strategy and Analytics key metrics to show the value and benefits of testing to drive continuous test improvement across/within Brands.
- Ensure consistent and standard test deliverables to the Brand and drive best in class test delivery
- Develop presentations and present finding to all levels of management
- Prioritize and manage store group requests across all brands in partnership with Analytics
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Ability to partner and collaborate with key stakeholders to influence change
- Demonstrate ability to think globally/strategically and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added tests
- Experience with change management and leading transition and implementation work
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication
- Strong leadership, coaching and development skills
- Ability to influence and manage project outcomes to deliver results
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to drive and execute process analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt to a changing environment
Minimum educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7-10 years plus experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar analytic role
- Ideally, experience in consumer insights or A/B product testing
- Proven team player with strong project management skills
- Ability to influence in a matrix organization
- Strong business partnership skills
- Ideally, experience in one of core retail cross-functional areas – Merchandising, Global Production or Inventory
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.