Our healthcare client is looking for a Creative Designer (Print & Digital) to join their team in Rockville for a long term contract opportunity! **CLIENT WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES THAT ARE LOCAL TO ROCKVILLE**
Concepts and Designs branded marketing collateral and advertising. In addition to the graphic design functions, the Senior Designer is a key member of creative concepting teams that help define and execute on project objectives. The Senior Designer provides leadership to the creative team as necessary and develops innovative graphic design solutions and studio processes. The Senior Designer’s tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop graphic design solutions and executions for a greater proportion of highly visible projects, including campaigns, product launches, rebranding initiatives, and marquee house projects.
- Art direct photo shoots as required.
- Assist Associate Creative Director (and Creative Director, as required) in evaluating design studio projects against project criteria, brand identity standards, and strategic member/marketing goals.
- Demonstrate innovative use of graphic standards in executing design solutions.
- Work with Brand Planning and creative leadership to refine and update the graphic standards and photography guidelines as necessary.
Responsible for interpreting strategies and tactics, conceives and develops ideas to design and create a wide variety of digital marketing and print collateral materials that support sales, product promotion, membership acquisition and retention, intra-company communication, health education, community relations, and other processes essential to the organization.
1. Creative Concept development- 40%
Develops concepts for campaigns and marketing materials, usually participating with others in brainstorming sessions to do so. Understands and can articulate strategy. Focuses on WHY someone will open the OE, click on the banner, respond to the marketing. These may include but are not limited to invitations, signs and banners, booklets and brochures, advertisements and direct mail, digital display ads, posters, flyers, postcards and mailers, displays, premiums, presentations, publications, and websites. Works with team to present concepts to leadership and clients.
2. Print and Digital Production -35%
Makes recommendations for printing techniques, bindery, etc. Produces proofs for all materials so that they can be reviewed and approved by other team members and clients. Produces mechanicals to release to publications/printers. Creates sitemaps, wireframes, and hi-fi prototypes.
3. Brand Standards and quality 15%
Ensures all concepts meet our clients style and branding guidelines. Manages quality, consistency, and cost effectiveness for all assigned projects. Meets assigned schedules and deadlines. Checks for product, consistency, brand standards adherence, production concerns, other errors.
4. Professional and technical skills development-10%
Equally proficient in web and print design. Maintains current working knowledge of computer software, hardware, and digital best practices to remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
(Strong portfolios considered in lieu of college degree)
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a graphic designer/Art Director in an agency or in-house team environment.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with producing mechanicals for print and production vendors.
• Minimum of three (3) years in front-end web and/or app design or equivalent UX experience.
• Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills required.
• Problem solving and program management skills required.
• Expert knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite (CC)
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategically solid and conceptually engaging marketing collateral.
• Demonstrated ability to actively listen, engage and articulate themselves in a corporate setting.
• Strong computing skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Excellent organizational and management skills required.
• Familiarity with Advertising, marketing communications, and related spheres of professional communication experience required.
• Demonstrated understanding of Web and print design and production.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
• Demonstrated strong project and time management skills. Must track multiple deadlines and fiscal elements of assigned projects.
• Polished presentation skills required, along with the ability to persuade and create consensus preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other professional communicators.
• Knowledge of Macintosh platform required.
• Link to digital portfolio needed for consideration.