Aquent’s client, a large energy company in Houston, TX, is seeking a Marketing Specialist for approximately 6 months or longer to provide project management and creative development support of marketing programs and campaigns for the retail electricity brands.
This role collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders and works closely with several internal teams including brand, marketing channels, business teams, legal/regulatory, external agencies, and operations to ensure alignment.
This role reports to the Multibrand Marketing Manager.
• Assist team with implementation of marketing plans and campaigns for both customer acquisition and retention
• Assist with developing and overseeing a yearlong strategic marketing calendar for campaigns
• Determine areas to better leverage a campaign across multiple marketing channels and ensure creative and messaging is synergistic in all communications.
• Must think about consumer engagement and overall customer experience and is an advocate for the consumer.
• Assist with management of internal and external creative resources/agencies to oversee collateral development
• Deliver relevant campaign reports and present insights to keep larger organization abreast of marketing activities.
• Assist with marketing and media budget management
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the industry, business, competitors and brand.
Required Skills and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience in marketing, advertising, account planning, brand management or related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent project management skills, with task and deadline orientation
• Excellent relationship-building & interpersonal skills; collaborate across departments and organizations
• Willing to jump in wherever help is needed
• Ability to coordinate with diverse work groups
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision
• Ability to multitask and work successfully in a matrix organization with competing priorities
• Experience with subscription-based industry (electricity, cable, internet, etc.) a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field required