Large Media and Entertainment client in Manhattan, NY is seeking a Video Editor to join their streaming services division. This is a temporary role slated to go 3-months and could extend.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with our content, the digital media industry, and all of the platforms where our presence and content live, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TV Apps (Roku, AppleTV). We are looking for a talented and creative storyteller that is incredibly hard-working, highly motivated, organized and efficient, adaptable, collaborative, supportive, and with no ego.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or links to your published work.
- Mid to senior level Video Editor with some animations skills
- Able to "remix" broadcast and online videos into creative short-form social videos.
- Video Editing: trailers, commercials, cinematics, b-roll, sizzle reels, etc.
- Post-Production: color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to keep several initiatives moving forward simultaneously.
- Ability to design and animate motion graphics.
- Creating scratch track and sound mixing.
- High awareness of online and offline resources for finding stock footage.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must work in Premiere.
- Proficiency in After Effects a must.
- Strong knowledge of creative resources in the US in commercials and feature films a must.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of film and television a plus.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, and sound editing tools a plus.
- Able to operating camera on small scale shoots a plus.
Required Education: BA/BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related
This role is for editing trailers- cutting short pieces of content into one full size trailer.
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Premiere technology is what is used and would be best if they had this experience.